The Mother Matilda Beasley Park is located on East Broad Street in downtown Savannah. The dog park was created in Spring 2008 and is maintained by the Chatham County Commissioners.

This site is very unofficial and is for the benefit of dogs and dog owners who frequent the park or those that are interested in visiting. We have no authority over the park except for our mutual interest in keeping it a vital community space.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

DOG NEEDS HELP ASAP!!!





I came across this on Craigslist.

Please check it out. If you aren't able to help this dog out, maybe you know someone who can. The person who posted it seems so thoughtful and anything we can do to help would be wonderful. Since Lola was found out in the woods left to die, this situation hits close to home for us both.

much love,
dawn and lola


Here's the posting from craigslist on 3-17-09: http://savannah.craigslist.org/pet/1079620223.html

We found Nala abandoned under the bridge at the Louisville and Boundary Road intersection -- she was left to starve inside a shut-off construction area. The Humane Society in Savannah did not want to take her because she did not look "adoptable", so we were forced to bring her to Animal Control instead, where she will be put to sleep in FIVE DAYS from today. I felt terrible bringing her there, and I have vowed to do everything in my power to find her a home before then. (I would take her myself but I am a SCAD student who lives in student housing and there is simply no way I can have a dog.)

She is SUCH a sweet and beautiful girl. Medium sized, about 1 years old, and what looks to be a Shepherd Mix. She did not growl at us once -- she just needed to be comforted and fed. I am DESPERATE to find her a home -- I will even help you to secure a cheap voucher to get her spayed if she is not already.

Please, please, please save this poor dog's life. She was left for dead, and she deserves a second chance. I DO NOT WANT ANIMAL CONTROL TO PUT HER DOWN.

E-mail:
comm-kjmnx-1079620223@craigslist.org

No comments: